Trouble with Foxes?
Ark provide pest control solutions to fox infestations in London, the South East, the North West, the North and the Midlands.
- Average 60 – 90cms head & body length but can reach 1.5m.Male
- Foxes average weight is about 10kgs and the female Fox is 8kgs.
- The colour of the Fox’s fur varies and can range from yellowy orange, through red to black.
- Most common characteristic of the fox is white fur on the chin, chest and end of the tail.
- Breeding season lasts for three months over the winter period. Foxes gestation period is about eight weeks.
- Litter sizes range from one to ten ‘kits’.
- ‘Kits’ leave their Mother at between 6 and 8 months old.
- Although a fox could live well beyond 10 their life expectancy in the wild is short and probably only averages between one and two years.
- Foxes tend to make their homes in woodland and farmland.Except for breeding females foxes do not tend to sleep in their ‘dens’ but may sleep in the open.
- Foxes are nocturnal creatures but do occasionally venture out in daylight.
- Foxes are curious animals but also wary of contact and are unlikely to approach a human and have seldom been known to attack fully grown domestic pets such as dogs and cats.
- The foxes diet is variable – whilst they are omnivores and eat chickens, rats, mice etc they also like berries, fruit, vegetable and grains. Foxes will, in fact, eat pretty much the same as a human being which is why they scavenge in dustbins.
Get in touch today: